Supremescape
Welcome!

You agree, through your use of this forum, that you will not post any material which is false, defamatory, inaccurate, abusive, vulgar, hateful, harassing, obscene, profane, sexually oriented, threatening, invasive of a person's privacy, adult material, or otherwise in violation of any International or United States Federal law. You also agree not to post any copyrighted material unless you own the copyright or you have written consent from the owner of the copyrighted material. Spam, flooding, advertisements, chain letters, pyramid schemes, and solicitations are also forbidden on this forum.

Note that it is impossible for the staff or the owners of this forum to confirm the validity of posts. Please remember that we do not actively monitor the posted messages, and as such, are not responsible for the content contained within. We do not warrant the accuracy, completeness, or usefulness of any information presented. The posted messages express the views of the author, and not necessarily the views of this forum, its staff, its subsidiaries, or this forum's owner. Anyone who feels that a posted message is objectionable is encouraged to notify an administrator or moderator of this forum immediately. The staff and the owner of this forum reserve the right to remove objectionable content, within a reasonable time frame, if they determine that removal is necessary. This is a manual process, however, please realize that they may not be able to remove or edit particular messages immediately. This policy applies to member profile information as well.

You remain solely responsible for the content of your posted messages. Furthermore, you agree to indemnify and hold harmless the owners of this forum, any related websites to this forum, its staff, and its subsidiaries. The owners of this forum also reserve the right to reveal your identity (or any other related information collected on this service) in the event of a formal complaint or legal action arising from any situation caused by your use of this forum.

You have the ability, as you register, to choose your username. We advise that you keep the name appropriate. With this user account you are about to register, you agree to never give your password out to another person except an administrator, for your protection and for validity reasons. You also agree to NEVER use another person's account for any reason. We also HIGHLY recommend you use a complex and unique password for your account, to prevent account theft. Also any legal Jagex Ltd staff, family of Jagex Ltd staff, or close friend of Jagex Ltd staff is forbiden to register or use someone else's login to axcess the forums.

After you register and login to this forum, you will be able to fill out a detailed profile. It is your responsibility to present clean and accurate information. Any information the forum owner or staff determines to be inaccurate or vulgar in nature will be removed, with or without prior notice. Appropriate sanctions may be applicable.

Please note that with each post, your IP address is recorded, in the event that you need to be banned from this forum or your ISP contacted. This will only happen in the event of a major violation of this agreement.

Also note that the software places a cookie, a text file containing bits of information (such as your username and password), in your browser's cache. This is ONLY used to keep you logged in/out. The software does not collect or send any other form of information to your computer.

By registering or logging in, you agree to these T.O.S.
Supremescape
Welcome!

You agree, through your use of this forum, that you will not post any material which is false, defamatory, inaccurate, abusive, vulgar, hateful, harassing, obscene, profane, sexually oriented, threatening, invasive of a person's privacy, adult material, or otherwise in violation of any International or United States Federal law. You also agree not to post any copyrighted material unless you own the copyright or you have written consent from the owner of the copyrighted material. Spam, flooding, advertisements, chain letters, pyramid schemes, and solicitations are also forbidden on this forum.

Note that it is impossible for the staff or the owners of this forum to confirm the validity of posts. Please remember that we do not actively monitor the posted messages, and as such, are not responsible for the content contained within. We do not warrant the accuracy, completeness, or usefulness of any information presented. The posted messages express the views of the author, and not necessarily the views of this forum, its staff, its subsidiaries, or this forum's owner. Anyone who feels that a posted message is objectionable is encouraged to notify an administrator or moderator of this forum immediately. The staff and the owner of this forum reserve the right to remove objectionable content, within a reasonable time frame, if they determine that removal is necessary. This is a manual process, however, please realize that they may not be able to remove or edit particular messages immediately. This policy applies to member profile information as well.

You remain solely responsible for the content of your posted messages. Furthermore, you agree to indemnify and hold harmless the owners of this forum, any related websites to this forum, its staff, and its subsidiaries. The owners of this forum also reserve the right to reveal your identity (or any other related information collected on this service) in the event of a formal complaint or legal action arising from any situation caused by your use of this forum.

You have the ability, as you register, to choose your username. We advise that you keep the name appropriate. With this user account you are about to register, you agree to never give your password out to another person except an administrator, for your protection and for validity reasons. You also agree to NEVER use another person's account for any reason. We also HIGHLY recommend you use a complex and unique password for your account, to prevent account theft. Also any legal Jagex Ltd staff, family of Jagex Ltd staff, or close friend of Jagex Ltd staff is forbiden to register or use someone else's login to axcess the forums.

After you register and login to this forum, you will be able to fill out a detailed profile. It is your responsibility to present clean and accurate information. Any information the forum owner or staff determines to be inaccurate or vulgar in nature will be removed, with or without prior notice. Appropriate sanctions may be applicable.

Please note that with each post, your IP address is recorded, in the event that you need to be banned from this forum or your ISP contacted. This will only happen in the event of a major violation of this agreement.

Also note that the software places a cookie, a text file containing bits of information (such as your username and password), in your browser's cache. This is ONLY used to keep you logged in/out. The software does not collect or send any other form of information to your computer.

By registering or logging in, you agree to these T.O.S.
Supremescape
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Runescape© Private Server Designed By Crash.

HomeHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Halo: Reach Image

Selling a vinyl 9ft by 5ft store banner for Halo Reach on eBay.
Feel free to bid if you want.
Reach Banner - eBay

Halo: Reach

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Jupiter
Veteran
Veteran
Jupiter

Halo: Reach Empty
PostSubject: Halo: Reach   Halo: Reach EmptySun Sep 19, 2010 3:35 pm

Bungie's final installment in the Halo series, Reach is without a doubt the biggest video game release in recent memory. In just the first day of release it brought in $200 million which is 2/3 of what Modern Warfare 2 brought in. Before any MW2 fanboy jizzes himself because he thinks Call Of Duty has won the FPS battle let's take a quick look at the facts; Reach is exclusive to the Xbox 360, MW2 was released on the PS3, 360, PC, and Wii. In other words Reach>MW2.

Moving on to the game, Reach is a return to form for Bungie. Though ODST was supposed to be an expansion to Halo 3, it still sold at the price of a full game ($60). The campaign was incredibly short (four hours long on legendary for me at least), and firefight had little purpose other than for getting easy gamerscore. It had the same exact multiplayer as Halo 3, except it came with three (?) new maps, of which Heretic was the only one commonly played.

Now then, despite having "Halo" in the title, Reach is extremely different from the series' previous installments. Most noticable is the weapon bloom, which will be discussed in detail later. The campaign has been bumped up in difficulty, causing some frustrating moments even on normal. As for legendary I wanted to take my 360 controller by the cord and proceed to bash it into my driveway repeatedly then take a makeshift flamethrower to my disc. My anger issues aside, the campaign is extremely well thought out. The plot is excellent, and reminded me of The Battle of Thermopylea (300 spartans) quite a few times. The members of the squad you join at the beginning of the game have surprisingly good AI outside of driving vehicles, and all of them have something to like about them (See rant about Kat's death).

And finally, the main reason why people play Halo; the multiplayer. Reach's multiplayer is not much different from the previous installments, though some mechanics have changed. Dual weilding weapons is gone (thank god), armor abilities have been added, and unless you are playing a specific gametype you can choose loadouts which determine what weapons and armor abilities you spawn with. The multiplayer is a blast, and I see myself playing it for an extrenely long time.

RANTS:

Kat's death: Honestly this pissed me off. Every single other character dies in some sick way, and she gets fucking sniped while running to an elevator. WHAT THE FUCK!? She was without a doubt the most unique character in Reach, as all the others were some cliche like the badass, the sniper, the heavy weapons dude, and the leader. One sacrifices himself to blow up a Covenant super carrier, one fucking kamikazes his plane into a giant Scarab to make sure you live, and the other goes down stabbing an elite to death like a complete badass. And what happens to my favorite character in the game? SHE GETS SNIPED BY A WEAPON THAT TAKES 9 SHOTS TO KILL YOU.

Weapon bloom: A good addition in theory, but it is extremely random at time. Mid-long range battles are fine, as you have to wait for the bloom to go down, but at close range it is randomized. Sometimes you can spam the trigger and every shot will hit, where as other times you need to wait for the bloom to go down. You would figure Bungie would learn their lesson after the random Battle Rifle spread in Halo 3, but I guess not.

Melee System: I thought it would be impossible to make the melee system any worse than Halo 3's, but somehow Bungie did it. I'll make a quick example.

Player A fires three shots into Player B (which is not enough to remove his shields) and melees him. The melee only takes down what little is left of Player B's shields.

Player B just runs straight at Player A and melees him.

Despite Player A having put three shots into Player B beforehand, they are both now in the same exact situation; no shields and single headshot away from death.

My rants aside, Reach is an amazing game and if you own a 360 I highly recommend you buy it as Call of Duty: Black Ops won't even touch it.
Back to top Go down
Crash
Owner
Owner
Crash

PostSubject: Re: Halo: Reach   Halo: Reach EmptyTue Sep 21, 2010 2:48 am

I'm Crash, and I approve this message.

Also to add to this, anyone notice you don't see Jun die?
It's obvious he does eventually since we know the future stories but there is nothing shown. At least we get to see Kat die!

Also cool little Easter egg I was told about.
(spoiler alert for those who haven't beat story yet)
Spoiler:

Edit:
Also if you guys wish to bid on a 9ft x 5ft vinyl banner I have for reach take a shot at it.
Reach Banner - eBay
Back to top Go down
http://crashi69.webs.com/
Jupiter
Veteran
Veteran
Jupiter

PostSubject: Re: Halo: Reach   Halo: Reach EmptyTue Sep 21, 2010 12:52 pm

The Halo Reach Legendary addition actually lists him as alive currently.

Inb4 "Halo Reach: Vengeance".
Back to top Go down
Crash
Owner
Owner
Crash

PostSubject: Re: Halo: Reach   Halo: Reach EmptyTue Sep 21, 2010 3:45 pm

Well I know 343 Industries is working on another Halo game but who knows what they'll make since they made Halo Wars and Waypoint.
Back to top Go down
http://crashi69.webs.com/
Jupiter
Veteran
Veteran
Jupiter

PostSubject: Re: Halo: Reach   Halo: Reach EmptyTue Sep 21, 2010 3:47 pm

One of their employees said something along the lines of "We'd have to be the biggest assholes on the planet not to finish Master Chief's story" during an interview, so we might be seeing Halo 4 in 2012.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Halo: Reach   Halo: Reach Empty

Back to top Go down

Halo: Reach
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Supremescape :: Offtopic :: Gaming-
Jump to: